While Geeks for Kids’ build events run from March through June, there are two teams that guide and prepare for the project year-round.
The Design Team
- Evaluates what worked well and what we can do better in past builds
- Sketches out new designs and systems for the kinds of cars we have built before
- Brainstorms about how we can help more kids with new solutions
- Researches new parts and suppliers
- And, plans and prepares for the upcoming build season.
If you are an engineer, programmer, designer or physical or occupational therapist and you’d like to join the team, we’d love to have you.
The Advisory Team
- Manages community outreach and communication for Geeks for Kids
- Recruits volunteers, sponsors and donors
- Plans and manages events
- Gives our management team input on the Geeks for Kids mission, vision and goals
If you are a marketer, fundraiser, a project manager or a networker extraordinaire, we need your help! The Advisory Team guides the Geeks for Kids operations.
As you might imagine, preparing for Geeks for Kids is a huge job - a lot like plotting the invasion of Normandy. It takes lots of smart, dedicated folks to plot our course. Contact us today to learn more.