- The Program
- Get Involved
- Build a Car
Each year, Geeks for Kids provides free cars to kids with movement disabilities. Our build teams have a blast designing and building cars. And, the kids that receive those cars are empowered in ways they may never have imagined – to explore their world, to move about independently and to make friends.
Donors and sponsors make all this possible. You bring joy, opportunity and a life-long learning to kids throughout our community.
Every dollar counts. A donation of:
- $1,500 pays for the average cost of a Geeks for Kids car
- $750 covers the cost of the least complex car
- $500 allows us to buy key parts we need to modify a car for special needs
- $300 buys the base car upon which we build
- $200 allows to purchase a linear actuator for complex cars
- $100 covers the cost of seat fabric and/or other incidentals
Get kids with movement limitations racing. Donate today!
There are so many reasons to join the Geeks for Kids campaign. Here are just a few.
At Geeks for Kids, a variety of experts pitch in to modify electric, toy cars so that little kids with mobility challenges can play with others and explore their environment on their own.
The Driving Force
Over 500,000 American kids under the age of five have mobility problems, and few have access to devices that give them free movement. Children who cannot move about as other kids do suffer “an exploration gap.” When they cannot explore their world on their own, they suffer socially, intellectually and physically.
Last Year's Build
- 6 months
- 39 strategy, design, build and delivery sessions
- 66 builders
- 9 corporate sponsors plus dozens of individual donors
- Over 5,000 labor hours
- Over $17,000
- 12 cars
- 6 hand-driven cars for kids with lower-body movement disabilities
- 3 joystick-driven cars for full- or upper-body movement disabilities
- 3 joystick- and remote-control-driven cars for kids with movement and developmental disabilities
- Endless joy and new opportunities for our kids