LEARN Science & Math Club, parent of the Geeks for Kids program, is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Since 2004, we have been providing kids from the Kansas City metropolitan area with rich science and math experiences through the use of robotics, engineering and programming projects and laboratory experiments.
Kids who play more, learn more; so, we make fun a part of everything we do. And, we do a lot of exciting things here at LEARN! Since 2004, we have fielded numerous teams in the international FIRST Tech Challenge, the FIRST LEGO League and the Junior FIRST LEGO League. In these robotics programs, kids develop engineering, physics, strategy, collaboration and presentation skills. We also hold numerous classes, camps and one-day STEM events.
LEARN Science & Math Club’s mission is to help kids:
- Explore and learn about a wide variety of science, technology and math topics
- Gain confidence in themselves and their ability to conquer any challenge
- Find joy and wonder in the topics we study
- Prepare for the endeavors they choose for themselves
LEARN strives to:
- Grow with the children of our community, providing exciting and challenging STEM learning opportunities that meet our children’s changing needs and interests.
- Prepare our children to become thoughtful, compassionate leaders and team-players.
- Encourage kids to have confidence in their ability to make a difference in the world.
- Excite and stimulate kids’ interest in STEM.
- Reach more kids more often.
In all of our programs and interactions – whether with our kids, their families or within our administrative team – we will live up to and encourage others to practice the following values:
- We are a team.
- We treat each other and all those we meet with respect, courtesy and compassion.
- We show integrity in all that we do.
- We treat everyone with gracious professionalism.
- We are willing to share our experiences and knowledge with others.
- What we discover is more important than winning.
- We have fun.
- Keep an open mind and be willing to hear and learn from all those we meet.
Since 2004, the LEARN has proven that amazing things happen when awe-inspiring kids partner with wonderful technical mentors and generous community supporters. Please click on the following to learn more about our experiences over the years.
LEARN's sole purpose is to provide rich learning opportunities for kids, and we take the responsibility of caring and providing for these kids seriously. For this reason, we have developed a specific set of values for the way kids should be treated in our programs. Every child can and should expect to:
- Feel and be safe in our programs
- Be heard
- Feel and be respected and valued
- Be treated with fairness
- Have privacy
For more details on how we care for our customers and donors, please see the following policies:
- Customer Code of Conduct
- Child Safety Policy
- Grievance Reporting Policy
- Donor Bill of Rights