Each year, we seek more than 200 good-hearted folks to make our kids’ dreams come true – to make it possible for kids with movement limitations to explore and play independently. There are lots of ways you can get hands-on in making the magic happen at Geeks for Kids. You can:
- Build Cars - Volunteer for a few hours, for a day or at every Car Build Event. Click here to learn more.
- Invent for Good - Calling all engineering, healthcare-oriented and design students! Join our middle school/high school team or form one of your own and design and prototype new features for our vehicles. Click here to learn more.
- Join Our Leadership Teams - Our steering committees make Geeks for Kids possible. Our Design Team guides all tech development, and our Business Leadership Team directs all business functions from marketing, recruiting to fundraising. Click here to learn more.
To make Geeks for Kids thrum like the Indy 500, we need specialists on hand to help teams design and build the coolest and the most functional cars and costumes. To design and build these cars, we need:
- Designers with skills in:
- Graphic Design
- Engineering Design
- Engineers with skills in:
- Robotics Design and Development
- Healthcare professionals to suggest adaptations:
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- And, therapists-to-be
Not a Geek?
Terrific! There are lots of other ways you can help. We need lots of folks to help with non-technical tasks. There are designs to draft, seat cushions and safety harnesses to sew, hundreds of tasks and people to organize, and lots and lots of legwork. During each of the build events, we will teach you how to do each of the tasks required to build these cars. Please join us if you are a:
- Project Manager
- Event Planner
- Healthcare Professional
- Or, just willing to lend a hand!
There are so many fun events scheduled for this year. Click here to learn more.